Formerly Blogless

True confessions of a girl who writes dirty books--and loves it!

Monday, September 04, 2006

The Week in Books


I thought you might be interested in how my week of slothful, self-indulgent, voracious novel-reading is going. The answer is, very well, thank you. And why can't this be my life all the time? Isn't there any job where I could get paid for reading romance novels? Oh wait, there is, and I already left it. Crap. Well, at least this way I get to read whatever I like. Which, so far this week, has mainly been Suzanne Brockmann.

INTO THE STORM, the new hardcover, is wonderful. Naturally. It's also a pretty welcome mood change from the highly angsty (although very satisfying) BREAKING POINT, which preceded it. There were multiple dialogue exchanges and descriptions in ItS that made me laugh out loud. And even though there's a very disturbing serial killer thread woven throughout the book, driving the plot toward its inevitable jaw-clenching, hair-raising conclusion, the overall tone of the book is lighter. And the bonus Sam/Alyssa short story at the end was a nice suprise! Especially since it featured Jules, my all-time favorite Suze Brockmann character. Although Izzy Zanella is fast approaching 2nd place. My only real issue with ItS is that is lacked one of my favorite SB elements, which is the WWII subplot. Been missing those.

Anyway, if you haven't read these books, I'm jealous. You have a major treat in store for you. Set aside a good chunk of time, and plow through them, from beginning to end. The series order is important (I always think it's important, because I'm anal like that, but I think almost anyone would agree with me in this case).

Enjoy! More book recs to come...

5 Comments:

At 2:02 AM, Blogger MarlyMathews said...

Sounds as if you're having a great time reading, Louisa...I'll certainly have to check out your recs. :)

~Marly

 
At 4:40 AM, Blogger Mel Francis said...

I'm one of those who has never read Suzanne Brockman...

 
At 8:34 AM, Blogger Lucy said...

You're not alone Mel. I haven't either.

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger MariaGeraci said...

I'll have to catch up on my Suz Brockman. She's terrific. But it will have to wait. I'm reading this hot demon love story right now that I can't put down...

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Pam Trader said...

This wasn't one of my favs from Suzanne. I found Into The Storm to be unfocused and a bit rambling, which I attributed to the fact that she didn't have the WWII love story. The serial killer part was well executed and, in fact, the only real thing that kept me reading. Weird.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home