Formerly Blogless

True confessions of a girl who writes dirty books--and loves it!

Friday, September 22, 2006

Booze Cruise


Tonight, I am having an adventure. I'm going on the Booze Cruise. Which is exactly what it sounds like: a boat that takes off from Sandusky and sails around Lake Erie, to the various, cute little islands full of bars, and then back again. I believe the boat has a bar, as well. Yes. An Adventure.

Last night, sort of in preparation, we had a bartending class. A group of friends, many of whom will also be Adventuring with me tonight, and we learned how to make things like Tahitian Iced Tea and Lynchburg Lemonade in plastic cups. Have you ever noticed that all "mixed drinks" served in plastic cups taste the same? They are indistinguishable to me, except occasionally by color. They all taste like citrus punch, and I can't say that I like them very much. I disrupted the bartending class by coercing my favorite local lush, Matt, into taking a shot with me. I don't think the teacher was appreciative (not much artistry involved in a straight shot of vodka, after all) but it made me happy. I only wished there'd been tequila (not Cuervo, despite the pretty picture. Cuervo isn't even really tequila--it's tequila flavored rum, with a great marketing campaign.) Her mixing vodka was nasty.

Anyway, now it's raining. Do booze cruises still happen when it's raining? It's less appealing somehow. Hmm. We'll have to see.

Let you know how (if) the Adventure goes...

4 Comments:

At 2:17 PM, Blogger Mel Francis said...

oh that sounds just like something I should put on my list of things to do before I die...

Booze Cruise.

That's like a little slice of heaven.

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger MariaGeraci said...

Ah, Louisa, I've been on many a booze cruise:) Hope you took some alka seltzer with you!

 
At 9:07 AM, Blogger Maureen McGowan said...

Are you over your hangover yet?

 
At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im looking for a booze cruise around lake erie for a bachlorette party, I know you poasted this awhile ago, but what was the name of this cruise?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home