Formerly Blogless

True confessions of a girl who writes dirty books--and loves it!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Bad and Sad

I've been a bad blogger. Haven't updated in a week! There are extenuating circumstances, though. Our crazy, psychotic, weirdo cat, Mayhem, had to be put to sleep last Friday. After a long struggle with feline diabetes, he is survived by two parents, and a puppy who really misses jumping all over him first thing in the morning. It was a sad day, even though I knew it was coming for a long time. And I guess I've allowed myself to mope for a few days, which is lame, because, you know, I loved him and everything, but he was just a CAT. And a totally nutso one, at that. But he was OUR nutso.

Anyway, I'm moving forward. I've read about a thousand books in the last week (okay, that's an exaggeration, but at least 450) and I've tinkered around with my revisions, and messed with a project I'm working on for the local Jaycees, and I've had it! I'm ready to get back to work for real.

So on that note, please send me new rejections to be decoded! I'll put one up as soon as I get a new letter. Just send it to me at mledwards@mac.com. Please put "Decoding Disappointment" in the headline, so I don't sort you into the trash when I don't recognize your email address.

Thanks, and I promise to be back in top form soon(ish)...

Love and kisses,
Louisa

12 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Blogger Gina Black said...

So so sorry to hear about the kitty. No such thing as *just* a cat in my book (you'd have to see my Pooh to understand that one...he's about 25 pounds of cat which never qualifies for *just*). It's good to take time to mourn. Sniff.

Looking forward to the next episode of "Decyphering Rejection"...

 
At 5:52 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. And I agree with Gina. It's okay to mourn your cat. They become family, don't they? So it's hard. Hang in there.

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Jenna Mayson said...

Girl - I'm so sorry about your cat. I can't imagine life without Monty,(I don't want to) so I'm sure you are feeling pretty beat up and lonely. Hope tomorrow is better. :)

 
At 7:06 PM, Blogger Mia Romano said...

Oh, how sad. I'm sorry to hear about your cat. I have one named Sherlock, and you get so attached to them. Glad you are feeling some better.

 
At 8:57 AM, Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Hugs on the loss of your kitty. Pets are special and are our kids...it's totally understandable.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said...

Thanks very much for the support, guys. Luckily, I have Hunter (and Nick) to comfort me. Hunter is in ecstasy--he's getting approximately five times as much cuddling per day as he did before...

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Jana J. Hanson said...

Big hugs for your cat. Losing a pet is never easy.

And aren't you the nicest for decoding rejections!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Debra Parmley said...

Louisa, so sorry to hear about your cat. They leave such a hole in our lives and in our hearts when they leave us.
Take all the time you need.
Hugs & cyber kleenex coming your way.

 
At 3:26 AM, Blogger MarlyMathews said...

Sending some hugs your way, Louisa...pets are like family, I agree with Jen, I don't know what I'd do without Shylah and Brynna. :(

~Marly

 
At 3:08 AM, Blogger KimAmburn said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. Pets are a huge part of a family. Hang in there.

 
At 11:08 PM, Anonymous gaill said...

Louisa,
Sorry for the delay, but I so totally understand your loss. Seven years ago my son's cat, Morgan was diagnosed with diabetes, and my son, at nine learned how to administer insulin because he knew shots hurt, and only he could give Morgan a shot with enough love. Morgan died a short time later, and now, my husband's beloved cat, Mason has diabetes, and we have gotten through the last 6 months with him just fine, but he is waning, and it is just damn painful to watch.
Thanks for sharing part of you with us.

 
At 11:05 AM, Blogger Book Stud said...

Oh no!!! Poor sweet Mayhem... I have so many lovely memories of Alien Space Kitty lying in my lap demanding a belly rub. He was a dear sweeheart and will be much missed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home