Formerly Blogless

True confessions of a girl who writes dirty books--and loves it!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Margaritas!


I love margaritas! I do. I love every ingredient. I love limes, and tequila, and especially salt. Salt is essential. I even tried to read that book about salt, you know the one--but it was less engrossing than I expected. So margaritas are wonderful, a big favorite of mine. But for some reason, I only order them in Mexican restaurants. Why is that? You can totally order them at a bar, but I never do. At bars, I order gin and tonic with lime. (Lime, again! It's a theme.) Well, at skeevy bars, anyway. Because G&T's are foolproof. Especially with Tanqueray. At nice bars, I order champagne. That's my absolute favorite. Sometimes I think I could live on champagne. Specifically Schramsberg.

So I'm sitting here, listening to The Killers, and wondering what all your favorite cocktails are. Feel free to share recipes--I'm always up for something new!

11 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger Brooke said...

Have you tried Kir Royales? They're champagne with a little bit of blackcurrant liqueur, and sometimes a sugar cube (I don't know why). Heaven.

 
At 8:10 PM, Blogger Maureen McGowan said...

Oh, I'm with you on the margaritas and G&T's. I also like a dry gin martini from time to time... and caprihnas (sp?) an amazing drink I tried when I was on a business trip to Brazil. Just had another one last week at a ritzy restaurant in Toronto. Tart and yummy. Think Brazillian margarita...

 
At 4:29 AM, Blogger Mel Francis said...

Maker's and Diet Coke is my fave just everyday mixed drink.

I love a good margarita and I LURVE a good cosmo.

But nothing replaces a good beer.

 
At 8:10 AM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said...

Oooh, Brooke, Kir Royales are wonderful! I'll drink pretty much anything with champagne in it. Mimosa, Bellini, Rossini, you name it.

Maureen: I never managed to try a Caipirinha, but with such a good rec from you, I'll have to see if I can scare one up anyplace in Cleveland. Ha ha.

Mel: I love mixing uppers and downers. Good stuff!

 
At 10:47 AM, Blogger jennifer echols said...

I even tried to read that book about salt, you know the one--but it was less engrossing than I expected.

*furrowed brow*

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said...

The book was SALT: A World History by Mark Kurlansky. It was on the bestseller lists--propelled there by a bunch of readers obviously smarter and more into history than me.

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Mel Francis said...

THANK YOU JEN.

I didn't want to ask...

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger KimAmburn said...

I'm with Mel on the beer. 'Course a straight shot of tequilla is always good for what ails ya...

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said...

My best friend in college and I used to do ritual tequila shots at 5:00 the day all work was due, every semester. Maybe I should think about reviving that tradition...

 
At 5:12 AM, Blogger MariaGeraci said...

I'm with you on the margaritas. I also like Mojitos and Cuba Libres. Definitely some sort of pattern there, I suspect.

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Diana Peterfreund said...

The best margarita I ever had was made with a splash of galliano. Seriously. Try it. It's a revelation.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home