Formerly Blogless

True confessions of a girl who writes dirty books--and loves it!

Monday, August 28, 2006

Done!



I'm finished with the revisions! Well, this round at least. I'm sure there will be more. But I'm not thinking about that now! All I'm thinking about is how good it feels to have a second draft done, and in the hands of my lovely, talented critique partners. Let THEM worry about it for a while. Ha!

In the meantime, I plan to indulge in a loooong reading session. See, until I was done with my revisions, I couldn't allow myself to read any novels, because they're just so distracting. And now with all the books that have piled up beside my bed, begging to be opened and enjoyed, I figure it'll take me at least three days of straight reading to get through them all. Maybe more. I can't wait! The slideshow up there (isn't Photobucket neat?) shows what's up first. (Don't worry, I know it's ambitious, but honestly, I read really fast.)

So is there anything I should add? Any book, old or new, that you think should be on everybody's reading list? I'm taking suggestions, so please chime in...

11 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Kate Pearce said...

I never knew that Photobucket could do that! (I'm such a technodweeb)
I loved the EJ and SB books!
And congrats on the edits! 'm busy plowing my way through two new ones...

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger Nephele Tempest said...

Congratulations! And enjoy your book orgy. ;-)

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Maureen McGowan said...

oops posted my comment on the wrong post. Doh!

 
At 12:17 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

I knew Photobucket could do that but I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to work it.

Louisa, Do you have a type of book you like to read more than others?

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said...

Well, romance is obviously the big favorite. In terms of sub-genre, though, I'm pretty equal opportunity. I'll read anything good! I always say my least favorite is probably time-travel, but the second romance author I ever bought at Berkley was a time travel western, so obviously, I can be convinced...

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger MariaGeraci said...

Enjoy, Louisa! You deserve it!

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Lucy said...

Several that I've read recently that I really liked were The Red Hat Club Rides Again by Haywood Smith, Bitten and Smitten by Michelle Rowen, Reality TV Bites by Shane Bolks, the entire Pilgrim Cove series by Linda Barrett, Dead Reckoning by Sandra K Moore, and Vamps in the City by Kerrelyn Sparks, to name a few.

Enjoy your reading. :o)

 
At 4:52 PM, Blogger MarlyMathews said...

Louisa,

It looks as if you're going to have a great time reading! I've actually taken a few of your suggestions and added them to my TBR pile...:)

I have to figure out how to use that feature on photobucket!

~Marly

 
At 4:58 AM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said...

The Photobucket thing is really easy. Trust me, if I could figure it out on my own, anyone can.

Thanks to Maureen and Lucy for the book recs!

 
At 6:22 AM, Blogger Mia Romano said...

Congratulations! Enjoy that reading marathon. It's always nice to treat yourself to a great book when you reach one of your goals.

 
At 7:44 AM, Blogger Jenna Mayson said...

Congrats - and HOW did you do that photo thing with your blog? You guys are shaming me with you crazy fancy tricks. I've so got to work on getting more blog friendly (and fancy). :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home