Formerly Blogless

True confessions of a girl who writes dirty books--and loves it!

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Decoding Disappointment: Ha ha!

Sorry this is so late in the afternoon. It's been a crazy one, though! My husband's boss is in town unexpectedly, and is coming by the house tonight--all of which I was casually informed of around noon today. I've been running around like an insane person tidying up (actual cleaning being beyond the scope of available time) and I haven't had a chance to translate the letter I intended to post today. But I can't leave you with nothing to think about for a whole week! So instead I'm posting the following rejection notice sent in by an alert reader, who generously shares with us so that we can all have a much-needed giggle. It should be noted, this rejection was sent not by a publishing house or literary agent, but by a reputable poetry magazine--however, I think the inherent humor in this piece speaks to all of us, no translation required.

Enjoy.

6 Comments:

At 1:22 PM, Blogger MariaGeraci said...

Oh, God. That is good. Thanks for the laugh, Louisa! I really needed it today:)

 
At 4:55 PM, Blogger Mel Francis said...

I think they made a mistake by making too sexy/not sexy enough one choice. LOL!

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Louisa Edwards said...

That one might be my favorite. It epitomizes the laziness of the checkbox-style rejection. Although, in the magazine's defense, if you don't know which category your submission falls into, too sexy vs. not sexy enough--that could be indicative of a deeper problem...

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger MarlyMathews said...

Oh, man...some things just boggle the mind. LOL

~Marly

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Typing Slave said...

I wonder why there wasn't a line for SEXY HALLMARK? Or maybe that's what they were looking for? :)

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger Marley Gibson said...

Louisa...this is the most hilarious rejection I've ever seen. I think it beats the one from an agent that I got in 2002 where they drew a red line from the bottom left hand corner of my synopsis to the top right hand corner and wrote "Not my cup of tea." On the bottom of the page was a coffee stain from her actual cup. Well, see there...she's a coffee drinker...no wonder she didn't like my cup of tea. LOL!!!

Marley = )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home